The Carroll County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing the utmost in professional and courteous service to the citizens of Carroll County as well as the highest professionalism and co-operation with all of it's surrounding Law-Enforcement Agencies. We are comprised of several groups, of highly dedicated individuals, who together, make the Sheriff's Office what it is today.
The Sheriff's Office is responsible for many different aspects of Law-Enforcement in the Carroll County Area, some are listed below::
- The transportation of prisoners for the Superior Court and assistance to the Northern District Court, Southern District Court, and surrounding Law Enforcement Agencies with prisoner transports.
- The serving of civil process throughout Carroll County.
- Service of Warrants both Criminal and Civil.
- Providing Bailiffs to the Superior and District Courts for Security.
- Covering several Towns and areas that do not have a full-time Law-Enforcement agency by answering calls for service in those Towns.
- Criminal Investigations on all levels of crime from violations to felonies and assistance to other agencies on investigations as well.
- A Communications/Dispatch center which has been answering over 78,000 calls for service for several years now and handles all radio traffic in the County for 90 agencies.