View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday:
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
8:00 am to 3:00 pm
8:00 am to 3:30 pm
How to Reach Us
The Registry of Deeds records, maintains and preserves in an archival format all documents related to real estate from 1840 to present for the 19 towns and locations in Carroll County. These are the official records including, but not limited to:
- Survey Plans
- Powers of Attorney
- Town Tax Liens
- State of NH Liens
- Federal IRS Liens
- Writs of Attachment
- Association Liens
- Releases of Discharges of the Various Liens
Our records can be viewed at the Registry of Deeds located on the first floor of the Carroll County Administration Building at 95 Water Village Road (Rte. 171) in Ossipee, NH. In the event of severe weather it is advisable to call ahead. The Registry of Deeds follows the State Court schedule of holiday closures.
Our records are available in traditional bound volumes and can be viewed on our computer system. Our indexes are compiled using a true grantor index (the person giving the deed, mortgage etc) and grantee index (the person receiving a deed, discharge of mortgage etc).
- All documents brought to us for recording must be the original with original signatures and acknowledgments.
- Our records are indexed alphabetically in chronological order by date of their recording.
- Records prior to 1840 can be found in Strafford County for the towns of Chatham, Conway, Albany (f/k/a Burton), Sandwich, Tamworth, Madison, Eaton, Ossipee, Effingham, Brookfield, Wakefield, Wolfeboro, Moultonboro, Freedom, Tuftonboro.
- Records prior to 1840 for Bartlett and Jackson (f/k/a Adams) Harts Location and Hales Location can be found in Coos County.